The clocks are about to turn back.
The nights are cool and HOLIDAY is in the air!
Now and NOVEMBER, more than ever, is a crucial time to BUILD UP!
What do I mean by that? We all know how to “break ourselves down”, to workout hard, to put a lot on our plates and to rush through life sometimes. When we look back, we often do not even remember where we have been or what we accomplished because we are already on to the next thing.
What I am suggesting NOW is to take the opportunity to work with a Health Coach and LEARN HOW TO BUILD UP! Building up will:
- Increase your energy
- Support your immune system
- Help you to stay healthy through the weeks ahead and the holidays
- It will let you move through life with more ease and less “dis-ease”
- Provide a sense of gratitude and calm in your life
- Promote clarity and good decision making
- And, you will thank yourself for emerging into a New Year, not as the run-down-version of you, but as the READY TO CHANGE THE WORLD VERSION OF YOU!
Consider these 5 ways a HEALTH COACH can help you to thrive through the holidays and BUILD yourself UP now:
- Let’s talk about SLEEP. The #1 place the body repairs itself. A good health coach will ask the right questions, discuss quality of sleep and quantity, falling-asleep habits and what and how to handle those waking-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night moments. We will guide you towards what might work best for YOU!
- NUTRITION. It has not changed. The truth still exists that we are a direct reflection of what we put into our bodies. To keep it simple, ideally we are eating foods from the earth that are not and have not been processed, packaged or prepared. There is no one-size-fits-all answer and a good health coach will guide you towards what is not only attainable and realistic for you, but also what will support your activities and lifestyle. Nutrition should be a key piece of your lifestyle. We can help you to discover ways to look at food differently and to enjoy nourishing your body well!
- Life is not easy, is it? We all have STRESS. Stress is good when applied to the right places and in the right amounts. It keeps us motivated and moving and growing and changing. But stress that we do not know how to handle is what gets to us. Stress is the cause of 99% of all illness. And I would break that statement down even more to say that how we deal with stress (or don’t) is the cause of 99% of all illness and disease. A good health coach will be ready to suggest meditation and relaxation techniques; to provide you with mindfulness practices and stretching routines, and to even give you things to punch (a boxing bag) or throw (sandbags) when all else fails. Exercise is one of the #1 ways to combat stress. In the moments we are exercising intentionally and connected to ourselves, time stands still and we can temporarily be free of the aging and debilating effects of stress.
- Just like all living things, once something ceases to move, it deteriorates RAPIDLY. As health coaches, we will be there to ensure that your MOVEMENT is SMART. To help you move with ease, to move without pain, to move efficiently and then take that new movement pattern and be able to apply it better to your everyday life. We can help you realize that climbing up a flight of stairs has more to do with your core than it does your legs. And in doing so, help to make everyday activities easy!
- Surround yourself with those on the same mission as you. BUILDING yourself up is only accelerated by surrounding yourself with like-minded individuals. COMMUNITY is so important when it comes to reaching your goals in a time of year when we tend to stray from taking care of ourselves. “Find your tribe and love them hard!” The benefits will be enormous!
I believe in you and in your potential! Visit me at The Energy Lab in Redlands, CA, where we specialize in health coaching, or send me an email to discuss how I can help you!
Yours in Health, and your Health Coach if you choose!